• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

canon camera (sx60hs powershot advice needed) (1 Viewer)

Hi and welcome to Birdforum. I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum on our site.... the 'hello' forum may get you plenty of welcomes from other members, but probably not the answers to your questions.

cheers,
Andy

Check the thread here.....can't remember where but sure there's a recommended set-up on there

https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=291649

+1 to this.

I swear I posted some settings in that thread, but I can't find them in a quick search.

It's going to depend on whether you want to catch BiF, are willing to do post-processing, etc. If you have a more specific question, at the very least ask in the link above and myself or others are bound to notice and answer. We also post examples of SX60 photography every so often.

calvins settings ,made a big diffrernce to my pics ,post 391

MODE DIAL: Tv (Shutter Priority)
AF FRAME: (disabled)
DIGITAL ZOOM: 2.0x
AF-POINT ZOOM: (disabled)
SERVO AF: On
CONTINUOUS AF: On
AF-ASSIST BEAM: Off
MF-POINT ZOOM: Off
SAFETY MF: On
RECALL ZOOM: Off / Off
MF PEAKING: On / High / Red
FLASH: Off
ISO AUTO: Max ISO Speed: 1600
HIGH ISO NR: Standard
SPOT AE POINT: AF Point
SAFETY SHIFT: On
IS SETTINGS: Continuous

Also:

Continuous Shooting AF
Normal Focus Mode (not Macro or Manual)
ISO Auto
White Balance assigned to Video button, used Cloudy preset
Metering is Center Weighted Average
4:3 Aspect Ratio
JPEG 16M files (still not ready for RAW yet)
Large File Size
Superfine Quality
DR Correction Off

post 391

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back