• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waveney Mound View Point (1 Viewer)

Taxboy

As per the title. Can anyone confirm where this is please together with advice for parking and any other tips.

Oops title should read Waveney Forest Viewing Mound

TIA

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Go to Fritton (the one near Haddiscoe, not the one near Long Stratton) and leave the A143 on New Road, which heads north to Waveney Forest. There is a car park at TG465008, although when I went a few years ago there was parking for a few cars further along at the end of the road. The mound is at the edge of the forest looking NW out onto the marshes, roughly TG458011. You'll need a telescope as the birds are often distant.

As per the title. Can anyone confirm where this is please together with advice for parking and any other tips.

Oops title should read Waveney Forest Viewing Mound

TIA

Go to Fritton (the one near Haddiscoe, not the one near Long Stratton) and leave the A143 on New Road, which heads north to Waveney Forest. There is a car park at TG465008, although when I went a few years ago there was parking for a few cars further along at the end of the road. The mound is at the edge of the forest looking NW out onto the marshes, roughly TG458011. You'll need a telescope as the birds are often distant.
James

Many thanks for the quick response

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back