• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

feeding table with reliable Willow Tit? England (1 Viewer)

earlytorise

Please recommend a few sites in England where there is a feeding station or bird table that reliably attracts Willow Tit in the winter.

Or maybe one that attracts both Willow and Marsh Tit?

I am interested in getting good views and photographs of Willow Tit, in order to learn the visual ID features. A feeding table might best serve this purpose. Also, it would be a boon to see one next to a Marsh Tit (although I understand that their ranges do not overlap so much anymore).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Bunting Hide at Pennington Flash Country park in Leigh, just west of Manchester is a pretty good bet. No Marsh there though, or almost never anyway.

Moore Nature Reserve near Warrington gets both. I've never had much luck with Willow there though, just Marsh.

My efforts with a bridge camera, inexpertly wielded, Willow at Pennington last year & this year, and Marsh at Moore, beginning of this year.

Attachments

• Willow 1.jpg
    Willow 1.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Willow 2.jpg
    Willow 2.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 30
  • Marsh.jpg
    Marsh.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back