• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Goshawks in central Scotland? (1 Viewer)

JTweedie

Has anyone seen goshawks in central Scotland? I'm reading an old New Naturalist book, Loch Lomondside by John Mitchell (published 2001) in which he says goshawks were in central Scotland and he expected them to move into the Loch Lomond area.

I've not really heard any mention of them in this area, possibly to help protect them from persecution/egg collectors, but does anyone know if they are around this general area?

Thats gotta be the mother of all : A: Trick questions, or : B: One the OP would dearly love to vanish in the morning.

If it's a serious question, I'm going to.cry.

(hint: no one on this forum will seriously answer that question if they know due to the rates certain Scots plunder, destroy and else wise.persecute these Raptors).

1. Well I'm not asking for actual locations, especially of nesting sites.
2. A book that has been erm, published, stated there were goshawks in central Scotland (so that's in the public domain) and he made a prediction about them moving into Loch Lomondside (a huge area).
3. I was simply asking if his anyone knows if his prediction is true, but no-one need specify any actual locations, if indeed they know.
4. I'm aware other people who are not particularly friendly to raptors can read these threads, so 100% aware of the dangers, although anyone who knows me knows I wouldn't do anything to bring harm to the birds.

Even If they have moved Into the mentioned area,they shall be very difficult to see at this time of year.Your best bet Is to be patient and wait until a clear morning In late March/April and choose a viewpoint,that covers a wide area and hope to see some display flights and even then,keep the location to yourself.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back