• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Independent birding guides Bali, Komodo, Flores (1 Viewer)

In Nature

We are able to take a short 10 days off from work in mid-September 2016 and want to see the bird (and mammal and reptile) highlights of Bali, Komodo, and Flores.

I was wondering if anyone has information on independent wildlife guides who could show two people the wildlife highlights on those islands, including at the tri-colored lakes of Keli Mutu on Flores.

I know 10 days is way too short, but that is all that the work situation permits and we really want to see these places.

Also, anyone know if the book situation has improved? Any field guides more up to date than MacKinnon and Phillips 1993 guide and more comprehensive than Strange's "A Photographic Guide to the Birds of Indonesia: Second Edition" (2012)?

Thanks.

You could try Mehd Halaouate (www.birdingindonesia.com) - he lives on Bali and guides throughout Indonesia.

We are able to take a short 10 days off from work in mid-September 2016 and want to see the bird (and mammal and reptile) highlights of Bali, Komodo, and Flores.

I was wondering if anyone has information on independent wildlife guides who could show two people the wildlife highlights on those islands, including at the tri-colored lakes of Keli Mutu on Flores.

I know 10 days is way too short, but that is all that the work situation permits and we really want to see these places.

Also, anyone know if the book situation has improved? Any field guides more up to date than MacKinnon and Phillips 1993 guide and more comprehensive than Strange's "A Photographic Guide to the Birds of Indonesia: Second Edition" (2012)?

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back