• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nairobi National Park (1 Viewer)

mike davidson

I have not recorded our weekly visits for some time . My laziness !!
However we still go weekly and it is still an amazing park .
The latest checklist by Brian Finch evidences what he has recorded over 25 years . When we [Nature Kenya] published his checklist there were 493 species recorded . We saw our 500 th one last week , a White-throated Bee-eater , normally a dry land species . An amazing place , which also has many mammals , including Rhino , Lion, Giraffe and many plains game from time to time .
We regularly record on our Monday visit from 6.30am to 5 pm upto 200 species . A place to start a safari !

I am returning to UK finally after roaming Africa for some 50 years , courtesy the good old Barclays Bank !
After nearly 21 years of Kenya with many great birding experiences , many off the beaten track , with 860 species recorded , I am relocating !! My uk bird list is pathetic !!!
Any one wanting to know about the great birding opportunities here , please feel free to contact me . You can do this through a private message on birdforum or email direct on [email protected]

Mike d in Nairobi , coming back to UK next Tuesday !!!

The latest checklist by Brian Finch evidences what he has recorded over 25 years . When we [Nature Kenya] published his checklist there were 493 species recorded . We saw our 500 th one last week , a White-throated Bee-eater , normally a dry land species . An amazing place , which also has many mammals , including Rhino , Lion, Giraffe and many plains game from time to time .
We regularly record on our Monday visit from 6.30am to 5 pm upto 200 species . A place to start a safari !

I am returning to UK finally after roaming Africa for some 50 years , courtesy the good old Barclays Bank !
After nearly 21 years of Kenya with many great birding experiences , many off the beaten track , with 860 species recorded , I am relocating !! My uk bird list is pathetic !!!
Any one wanting to know about the great birding opportunities here , please feel free to contact me . You can do this through a private message on birdforum or email direct on [email protected]

Sorry to hear you are jumping ship Mike, I still haven't made it back to Kenya, after more than 50 years! I'll have to be in touch with someone else when I do, eventually, get there. My East Africa list stands at about 16, so some catching up to do!

Let us know what you need to clear up once you're back and I'm sure we can help!

John

Hi Jon

now back in uk , starting life afresh !! If and When you decide on a visit to Kenya , do get in touch , I have a lot of contacts

Mike

Sorry to hear you are jumping ship Mike, I still haven't made it back to Kenya, after more than 50 years! I'll have to be in touch with someone else when I do, eventually, get there. My East Africa list stands at about 16, so some catching up to do!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back