• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Do I need more parts? (1 Viewer)

originalspykid69

Hi. I'm new to Digiscoping. So new in fact that I've yet to get started!

I've hit a bit of a brick wall with the fittings needed,and how they actually fit to the scope. (it's an Opticron gs 665)

The camera is a Nikon coolpix 5000,(not the P5000 I thought i'd bought)
I bought the Nikon coolpix 5000/5100 sleeve adaptor from srb griturn as recommended , and a fellow BF member supplied me with the part for attaching to the scope. Both parts screw into each other no problem , but how do I attach the adaptor to the camera?
It says on the site to "unscrew knurled ring from front of camera" , but i've tried this and it wont budge!

I'm begginning to think this is not removeable on the coolpix 5000 , and I need more parts to make it fit....but what?

Hope somebody can offer some advice as I'm at a loss at what to do next!

Regards , lee. (I've attached some pics of my parts , and the camera)

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 53
The problem is you don't have a Coolpix "P5000". Your camera does not have a lens ring to remove.

The problem is you don't have a Coolpix "P5000". Your camera does not have a lens ring to remove.

Thank you RGM. I'ts the news I thought i'd get. So why on earth have said company sent me this part , and stated on the site that it fits this model of Nikon , and to remove " knurled protective ring"? beggars belief! :eek!:

If you're feeling brave you could use glue/epoxy to attach adapter to camera body. Several people on this site do this.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back