Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

More great Customer Service

Old Sunday 22nd December 2013, 17:31   #1
Moocher

More great Customer Service

I often speak with praise about Opticron. It's only fair, as if I felt they were not looking after my interests as a customer, I would be the first to publicly "throw them under the bus!" So, I feel when they treat me not just well, but exceptionally well, I should speak up about it.

I have a SDL MK1 eyepiece. The twist-up eyecup mechanism consists of two pins directly opposite each other. Excessive use has caused the twist-up eyecup to have slight lateral movement due to wear, the eyecup kind of hinging on the two pin mechanism. This is not an issue in normal use, but when trying to hand hold a smart phone to the eyepiece, resting it on the eyecup, slight movement can cause a problem.

I mentioned this to one of the Opticron representatives at bird fair. He asked me to get in touch after the show and he would see what could be done. I only contacted Opticron about it a week or so ago. Within a few days, a brand new improved three pin twist up eyepiece mechanism arrived by post FOC.

It's now fitted and has solved the small problem I had..

The bottom line, Customer Service doesn't get better than this.

Cheers Opticron, all the best for the New Year.
Old Sunday 22nd December 2013, 18:45   #2
mayoayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moocher View Post
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,This is not an issue in normal use, but when trying to hand hold a smart phone to the eyepiece, resting it on the eyecup, slight movement can cause a problem.

I am glad you got your problem solved..I was going to suggest to try to use a dumb phone instead,since they tend to move less around
Old Sunday 22nd December 2013, 22:04   #3
Moocher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoayo View Post
I am glad you got your problem solved..I was going to suggest to try to use a dumb phone instead,since they tend to move less around
Lol! I like it.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: