• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thailand - Pak Thale (1 Viewer)

Mark Jarrett

Up Ont’ Moors
England
I have a couple of requests out for a guide whilst we are in Bangkok next month. I have seen Peter Ericsson’s website and left a message there but, if anyone has used Peter previously, I would appreciate his email address as backup. Thanks in advance, Mark.

Wichyanan Limparungpatthanakij Would be another good option.

[email protected]

Thanks very much for your recommendation! I contacted Nature Trails (Wichyanan) by email and received an almost immediate response. I will be doing my Baan Pak Tale day trip with them.

I was also impressed with Thailand Bird Watching. Another quick response and I will be taking a day trip with them to Sri Phang Nga National Park when we’re down in Khao Lak.

Two trips sorted!

Thanks very much for your recommendation! I contacted Nature Trails (Wichyanan) by email and received an almost immediate response. I will be doing my Baan Pak Tale day trip with them.

I was also impressed with Thailand Bird Watching. Another quick response and I will be taking a day trip with them to Sri Phang Nga National Park when we’re down in Khao Lak.

Two trips sorted!

Glad you got that sorted! I haven't yet met "Jay"in person but we have mutual friends and by all accounts he's a great guide. Will be good to hear your report.
I'll be in Phang nga Feb 14-21 and will be visiting Sri Phang nga myself, hopefully staying a night in the park. Will be back in BKK 21-26. Maybe we can get together for a walk around Suan Rot Fai, or a trip to Bang Phu? PM if you like.
Jim

Will be back in BKK 21-26. Maybe we can get together for a walk around Suan Rot Fai, or a trip to Bang Phu? PM if you like.
Jim

Thanks Jim but I don’t think I will get away with it! We are with non birders and my wife is a non birder as well. I tend to bird each morning at dawn for a couple of hours and do a couple of day trips. I leave it at that. We are only in Bangkok for three nights but if things change, I will pm you. Thanks again.

Mark

It's pretty much the same for Mark. I'm not a really serious birder. I also seek fish & herps :), and must keep the wife happy. The parks in BKK can really be good birding and the skytrain will get you to most of them. Chatuchak/Rotfai complex is the biggest & best but the smaller ones can also be fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back