• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird resting in English Channel (1 Viewer)

debhunkin

Hi - we have had this bird species a few times, resting on the boat. Imagine it is flying from Europe to the UK, as we operate from Mevagissey on the South coast of Cornwall. Is it a flycatcher of some sort? Any help would be appreciated. Have added the pic as an attachment

Attachments

• flycatcher maybe.jpg
    flycatcher maybe.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 213
Oh, thank you, Andrew - that was quick! We get quite a lot of them on the boat each year, along with swallows who often appreciate a drink of water. This little chappie had a short rest and a drink in the wheelhouse, then was picked up and released, only to fly back on the boat for a little longer!

The photo was apparently taken during the spring migration (April?), according to other thread.

I don’t think one can make that assumption - The other thread was a Chiffchaff (I mentioned the Spring mig on the other thread as the OP said that photo was taken in April but the OP runs a fishing boat so this could have been taken anytime I guess)

I don’t think one can make that assumption - The other thread was a Chiffchaff (I mentioned the Spring mig on the other thread as the OP said that photo was taken in April but the OP runs a fishing boat so this could have been taken anytime I guess)

Alrighty, but that's why I included the word "apparently" there ;) Using the same line of thought we cannot conclude it was taken recently :king:

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back