• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Texas bird call. (1 Viewer)

kevinsl06

There were 3 or more of these calling, dose anyone have a guess? Please ignore the Chickadees.
Yesterday Palo Pinto County Texas.
Thanks for any comments!

Attachments

• Untitled.wav
    2.4 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
What was the habitat like where you heard this?

It doesn't sound at all like Upland Sandpiper to me, it sounds like Wood Thrush.

i've listened to both on xeno-canto and have to say it is identic with upland sanpiper, not with wood thrush.
that said i've never heard any of them in nature.

What was the habitat like where you heard this?

It doesn't sound at all like Upland Sandpiper to me, it sounds like Wood Thrush.

A Wood Thrush Would be very rare, first county record.
For the habitat: To the north a half flooded field, to the south deep brush green brier, to the west a creek and lightly wooded area with Ceder Elms and Ashe Juniper trees. That's all with in a minute walk.

Sorry, I thought I checked where Palo Pinto County was before and thought it was in east Texas. The field habitat sounds good for Upland.

I will concede that it is an Upland Sandpiper. I found a couple clips on xeno-canto that were pretty spot on. I had never heard that vocalization before.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back