• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird On Porch (1 Viewer)

Gmadear

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so I hope I am doing it correctly.

This morning I discovered a hummer nest on front porch on top of one of my winds chimes. I am concerned about its safety there not only with cats but with the warm temperatures in the afternoon.

Is it safe to move a nest? I put a small feeder next to it so mama won't have to venture far for food.

I will so appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thank you!

Not really safe to move the nest. Heat should not be a problem, we had them nesting in the sun in 100+ Arizona temperatures. The cats are another story. Can’t help with that part.

Hummingbird on Porch

Not really safe to move the nest. Heat should not be a problem, we had them nesting in the sun in 100+ Arizona temperatures. The cats are another story. Can’t help with that part.

Thanks. Right now I am worried about cold. There is a cold breeze where she is nesting. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Thanks. Right now I am worried about cold. There is a cold breeze where she is nesting. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Took a look at your weather for the next ten days, those low temps should not be a problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back