• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two Years without a Post in EA spotting scopes (1 Viewer)

mayoayo

I have noticed that for two years now,no one has posted in the EO spotting scopes section of the forum..Not sure if EO as a brand has or will have any offer in the spotting scope market..maybe its time to review the sub-forums in some categories and update the sections.I think "Chinese Scopes" coud be a more interestin sub-forum these days...
thanks

I cannot answer that question. Maybe if Vortex was included under Eagle Optics then the Razor and other EO-related models would get discussed. I do like the idea of "Chinese optics" but that would include so many optics from even some of the more well known manufacturers. Case in point, are Nikon's low end scopes made in Japan or China? I believe China. Other major manufacturers would fall into this proverbial boat as well.

How about an "Others" forum like the binocular section has?

yeah, are there any mods that can change this? Eagle Optics doesn't have a binocular forum but they are much more active in bins than scopes... and Vortex is MUCH more prominent with scopes yet they don't have a sub forum?

Really, there should be a combined "Eagle Optics / Vortex / Atlas Optics" zone in each forum (bins and scopes). It feels like the Vortex brand label is getting much more play now than Eagle Optics house brand stuff, and since they are owned by the same folks and often use identical designs (e.g. Ranger HD vs. Talon HD) that combining would be logical. Who can I talk to around here to get things done? :p

We'll get on to this over the next day or two... probably just involve renaming the forum to encompass the Vortex brand, and moving some threads.
Best regards,
Andy

Thanks Andy! :) I think it would be wise to do this for BOTH the binocular and scope forums, to encompass the whole Eagle Optics / Vortex "family" of designs.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back