Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Queensland delays Adani mine indefinitely, citing fears for endangered finch

Old Sunday 5th May 2019, 01:49   #1
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Smile Queensland delays Adani mine indefinitely, citing fears for endangered finch

The Queensland State Government delays the Adani mine indefinitely, with the Environment Department ruling that "Adani’s proposals to protect the endangered black-throated finch do not meet the miner’s approval conditions."

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...JjsC8r1AJ-DgIc
"Environmentalists hail decision – but it offers company a clear path to approval"

"The finch management plan is one of two key hurdles before Adani can start work on its mine. The second is a groundwater plan, which also requires state approval and is under review."

"Leading ecologists have said Adani’s latest version of the black-throated finch species management plan – which still requires Queensland government approval – amounts to “a plan to manage a cow paddock.”"
https://www.theguardian.com/business...ervation-plans

As this proposed mine has been knocked back by at least 30 lending institutions previously, and is the thin end of the wedge for the entire Gallilee basin (representing the effective rape of the environment by Indian Adani Group, and other foreign Nationals, using taxpayer funded! infrastructure), I hope it goes away .....

More reports here by John Quiggin who is a professor of economics at the University of Queensland: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...people-know-it

Chosun

BF Supporter 2016 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 13th June 2019, 17:26   #2
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Angry

Well that all got stuffed rather quickly !

Labor getting rejected at the Federal Election (because nobody liked the condescending negative tone of the Opposition Leader - Bill Shorten) has seen the Queensland State Government panic and do back flips so fast you'd need a slo-mo camera to capture it all.

Endangered Finches - stuff 'em
Groundwater and Pristine Wetlands - stuff it
Dodgy Project Economic Viability - here's a $Billion bucks !

No global financial institution will touch this project with a 10ft barge pole ..... not dc*kh**d Australia though ..... the red carpet has been rolled out so comprehensively (all for maybe ~1500 - 500 jobs - as many as possible likely to be cheap overseas labour) that the project managers have a look on their faces something like a cross between a stunned mullet and a Cheshire cat !!! grrrrr !

This is one time in my life that I will be glad for feral militant greenies to arc up !

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...-ISf4yW2OIfYV4

Chosun

Old Saturday 15th June 2019, 03:22   #3
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Angry

"The report found not accidental violations, the report found deliberate violations, wilful violations." .... Former Government Minister.
https://www.abc.net.au/4corners/digg...AxkEJgrud_oF_g

Chosun

Old Saturday 15th June 2019, 04:34   #4
Chosun Juan
Given to Fly

Arrow New thread ..... Adani Disaster ..... grrr

Hmm - such is the 180° cluster f... that this project has become, that it will now be a fight rather than hoping for any government and departmental wisdom. I think I will have to start a new thread - the smilie face just isn't cutting it anymore !

Chosun

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: