• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winterwatch 2015. (1 Viewer)

Just watched it tonight. Not bad apart from the usual stupid repartee. But can someone explain to me the reason for that Martin bloke being hauled up the tree in the middle of the night - infuriatingly pointless!

I was wondering how they managed to keep a straight face, when Chris asked if they new how a shag got it's name. (I firmly believe this was deliberately mischievous).o:)

Just watched it tonight. Not bad apart from the usual stupid repartee. But can someone explain to me the reason for that Martin bloke being hauled up the tree in the middle of the night - infuriatingly pointless!

I agree Graham and I am sure the time used for this,could be much better spent on something else and more Interesting.

I agree Graham and I am sure the time used for this,could be much better spent on something else and more Interesting.

Totally agree with Graham and Ben - complete and utter waste of money: 3 or 4 guys attending to him etc.. Anything he did say about squirrels etc. could just have been said on the ground.

Sandra

I thought Chris' explanation of the eagle owls status in the UK glossed over the details a bit, and hence gave a false sense of non-controversy.

I totally agree, I just cannot see the point to anything constructive added to the programme/s thus far. Same could be said of the role of the 'roving reporter' too viz "what's the point?"

More to the point, can you explain why they lowered him down again?

John

I really enjoyed it, it helps me get through gloomy January.
Think your been a bit mean to the Martin guy, they all bounce off each rather well, and are all characters...I really miss Katie Humble though.......!

I don't mind Martin. I am sure it is not his idea to do all those stunts. I think for some strange reason the production team have decided that they need an action guy on the programme and Martin has been cast in that role.

I am more surprised by how nervous and incompetent Nick Baker is on Unsprung. He seems to go to pieces as soon as they start talking to him through his earpiece. It's not as if he is a novice broadcaster.

Ron

I actually thought it was better than both Spring and Autumn watch - might just be the time of year i am watching it I suppose.

Just cant see the point of Martin like others have said.

I thought this series was mediocre - how many times can they keep surprising the public with Mountain Hares and Ptarmigan turning white in winter? It has become repetitive. It is definitely a beautiful place and one I'd tbw coldest places in winter but they have run out I'd rgibgs to show from there. The quest for Pine Marten and Otter is a bit boring. Otters get year round coverage.

There were good bits in it such as about the woodlouse and carcass can but I do feel it us time to move on to a different area.

A novice birder friend of mine stated the presenters can be childish and they end up talking all over the wildlife they go to see is the Harlequin Duck. I agreed. Martin Be Chappers need not to be there. He is harmless but has no role to play in it.

I am more surprised by how nervous and incompetent Nick Baker is on Unsprung. He seems to go to pieces as soon as they start talking to him through his earpiece. It's not as if he is a novice broadcaster.

Ron[/QUOTE]

That's my view as well, Ron. Why can't the producer just leave him to present on his own without someone talking in his ear? He stutters & "er's" constantly. He used to be my favourite presenter too ............... but he's so embarrassing on this programme.

Sandra

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back