Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Find a companion for the new ZEISS SF 32

Old Tuesday 23rd June 2020, 23:10   #26
PYRTLE

Johannes

Good luck, glad we were able to assist as a group to help you ; and thank you for your kind words.
Old Wednesday 24th June 2020, 11:04   #27
Telsanar
BF Supporter 2020

Thank you :-) I'll be happy to share my impressions with the 8x25 and will keep you updated on my later decision as well (if of any interest - will round up that post at least).

BF Supporter 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Saturday 27th June 2020, 19:17   #28
Telsanar
BF Supporter 2020

So as promised a short first impression, as I got them a couple of days ago and had the chance to take them out already several times.

I can confirm the black out effects mentioned often times (I don’t wear glasses). But once you know where to place them correctly, it usually is no problem anymore. They perform extremely well and totally live up to their good reputations - I am super happy. The light weight and easy one-hand use is superb, combined with the great optics performance. Yes, its not an edge-to-edge sharpness, but again: I usually have my object of interest in the middle, so for the price-level (although for this format top end) I think its really great.

The only thing which really didn’t live up to the Zeiss label was the strap which already “broke” on one side when I wanted to setup it the first time. But that was stated here before and I don’t want to use it anyways (was just trying out of curiousity).

So bottom line: great bino for a quick view, for travel and hiking. With such an easy handling, its certainly a great companion to a full size format.

Now after having experienced that in practice - and of course will do have many many more occasions - I start to think of not going for the 32 format, but instead for the 42 or even 50 (as sometimes dimensions are “equal” and weight not too much of a difference, e.g. SV EL 10x42 and 10x50). Will see - it stays interesting :-)

BF Supporter 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: