• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lifer in the wind (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
Went to Dungeness today to see the Gull-billed Tern which has been present for a few days, Blooming windy ,but the bird gave great scope views dip feeding ,but didn't really come close enough for great pictures. Had some nice Black Redstarts near the power station a bit later on but the strong winds weren't really great for birding, but a happy mornings birding for sure!!

a more detailed account and a few pictures on my blog at the link below.

https://birdsandcake122.blogspot.com/

Cheers

Oooh!! Nice one Paul! Great pictures too.

Gosh it's a long time since I was last at Dungeness... remember getting caught in a torrential downpour! LOL Three of us sheltered inside a very large bush, until it leaked on us! That was when we decided we were wet anyway so headed back to the car!

Oooh!! Nice one Paul! Great pictures too.

Gosh it's a long time since I was last at Dungeness... remember getting caught in a torrential downpour! LOL Three of us sheltered inside a very large bush, until it leaked on us! That was when we decided we were wet anyway so headed back to the car!

Yes very few places to hide at Dungeness, luckily it didn't rain while I was there today the wind was enough excitement!!

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back