• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sunglasses? (1 Viewer)

Hello, on a very sunny day do you routinely use sunglasses for birding with your favourite bino?
Thank you :)

I do but not to look through my 'bins' of course, I just lift them up when needed.

A good, sturdy pair of sports type Oakleys have been a constant companion for years now.

Hi Roberto,

Totally agree with Andy, anyone who has birded with me or been on one of my tours knows that for me sunglasses are an essential piece of birding kit (it has been suggested that they're welded to the top of my head), especially in the neotropics. Great for picking up distant raptors or other annoying dots in a bright glary sky, or at sea. Equally usable with eyecups retracted on either my Zeiss SF or Swarovski SV.

Oakley M2/ Iridium polarised is my preferred model, not cheap but absolutely superb. Try them, you'll be impressed...

Stu

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back