• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quick release plate for Swarovski head. (1 Viewer)

Rudegar

I am after a small QR plate for a Swarovski FH101 head. You would think a small search on Google would sort it but it did not prove to be the case. I contacted Swarovski and was told that the tiny piece of metal would cost me £50.00. I was flabbergasted. Has anyone had this problem and is there an alternative.
I could have one for a Manfrotto head for £3.50 - something to think about next time!

I have been pretty faithful to Manfrotto tripods with their quick release plate system.
Occasionally, the fitting screw on the quick release plate needed needs tweaking but generally a good system.

But I learnt something new this year.

On my Manfrotto tripod the foot on my Swarovski 'scope fits into the tripod head where the quick release plate is held BUT without having the quick release plate fitted - does that make sense ??
It holds firmly and seems perfectly secure.
In my humble opinion this should work with your Swarovski tripod.

You're correct Mike, it does and that was deemed to be a good move. The trouble though was if you fitted a Swarovski scope directly into the fluid head ( forsaking the q/r plate ) there was always a danger of the scope foot being damaged if the kit went over. Certainly the foot would shown signs of wear with constant removal.
P

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back