• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Temminck´s Stint in Oman (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and bird watchers

I´m in Oman to look for birds. Two days ago and I visited the fantastic Al Ansab Wetland and I spotted a Little Stint.

I also spotted another birds, next to the Little Stint (Left hand side)

I put it down as a Long toed stint but the plumage was not quite right according to my new book "Birds in the Middle East" The uniform grey plumage don´t have any marking so I have changed the identity to Temmick´s Stint.

The pictures (drawings) in the bird books are really not easy all the time

Anyone here know if it is a Temmiick´s Stint on picture #2 and 3?

Kind regards and happy birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• 1306.jpg
    1306.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 133
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 138
Great photo. It’s been such a long time since I had good views of one of these - and other than someone pointing a spec out in a scope!!

Interesting to see a Temminck's Stint in adult winter plumage - not one I've ever seen, only seen adult summer and juvenile before!

Interesting to see a Temminck's Stint in adult winter plumage - not one I've ever seen, only seen adult summer and juvenile before!

Not such good pics as the OP but like many, I've only had distant views in the UK. I get them here on passage in Russia occasionally, the three here were part of a small group of six, moulting from winter to summer.

Attachments

• 20150520153318533.jpg
    20150520153318533.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 20150517122338127.jpg
    20150517122338127.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back