• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Celestron Regal F-100ED Is it Any Good ? (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
HI Folks .... Iam thinking about buying this. Would any of you owners like to tell me about its good points as well as the neagitive. Pls only people who own one, Iam not concerned how it compares to others ....... Gwen

Gwen,

There is only one gentleman I have seen on the forums that owns one. He posted over on the Celestron Regal digiscoping thread in Andy Bright's digiscoping forum. I would suggest a PM to him may be in order.

I have the 80 mm model as I am sure you know. If there is something universal to both models that you would have a question about then I would be happy to help.

Frank ..... Yes Iam aware of your remarks on the Celestron Reagal F-ED models from the posts I have read & that you had positive things to say about its quality in that price range. I was just wondering if the zoom eyepiece that comes with the 100mm model works as well on the Larger aperture . I have been looking for a large aperture for that big eye look for long distance viewing of wildlife & casual viewing. If indeed it does give a equal or better image ? , at the price of around $700 it would be the right choice for me.......Gwen

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back