• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South East Asia Feb/ March 2019 (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hello together,

I want to go for birding and also other wild life to South East Asia.
I am flexible, one idea is travel from noth Thailand to South.
Possible is also combine Thailand with Myanmar, Vietnam or other.
Complete travelling max. 2 - 3 months.

Parts of Thailand I already know, because I was 2x in Thailand for birdwatching, but only 3 weeks each.
South of Thailand I do not know.

Accomodation is flexible e.g. B&B or tent.

Best regards
Dieter

Hi Dieter
I have a thread running for a 3 week guided trip in Vietnam March 2019. There is 1 space available if you are interested?
Regards Pash

Sabah is great. Easy, short distance between sites, not expensive, great transport options, good food, AMAZING WILDLIFE.

Last edited:
Do You have any recommandation for accomodation ?
I am medium budget birder, but tent would be also ok, because wake up is done by bird sound.

Do You have any recommandation for accomodation ?
I am medium budget birder, but tent would be also ok, because wake up is done by bird sound.

Accommodation is cheap. 10 USA per night in budget areas. Daman Valley has double rooms, camping is possible. It's very hot. Hitching is easy. Lots of bird reports for Sabah on cloudbirder. I had 9 weeks. Loved it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back