• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cormorant help (1 Viewer)

mdmoshier

I was in Monterey, California 2 weeks ago and got this picture. Brandt's cormorants are more common there but I see no white patch on the chin which makes me think of a pelagic but they are much less common there. Can I get some help in an ID.

thanks

Attachments

• 5A4A0038.jpg
    5A4A0038.jpg
    665.3 KB · Views: 129
I also think Pelagic Cormorant, which are less common than Brandt's around Monterey, but are certainly there and something one can expect to see on any trip to Monterey.

Definitely Pelagic. Nice photo showing the characteristic slightly angled chin, toothpick-like bill, small head, and long tail. Seems to be molting out of juvenile plumage.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back