• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

It's an Olive Tree Warbler? Botswana (1 Viewer)

DeanT

It was in dry acacia thorn bushes, yesterday. The bill looks very long.
I really am a novice so I am hoping a warbler expert can help me to positively ID this bird?

Attachments

• w.jpg
    w.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 32
  • w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 54
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 30
With that bill and primary projection Dean...I’d be surprised if it wasn’t.

Cheers

my book also says uncommon....overall grey, robust legs, orange mandible and 'white eyebrow does not extend behind eye"

distinctly angled crown. It must be!

I hope so.... coz normally the forum says photo not good enough for warblers but this time I got a good photo

All other warblers I have encountered are in reeds near water..... this bird was in the middle of the desert...so it must be different. Book also says distinct eye ring.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back