Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Swaroski ATS 80 HD

Old Wednesday 1st April 2009, 23:15   #1
raffokid

Swaroski ATS 80 HD

January 25th of this year was my 40th wedding anniversary. I'd been saving for three years to have a right old knees up in Scotland with my dear wife and a gaggle of family and friends. It all went pair shaped when my 4th grandchild was born about a month before the occasion. Not well enough to travel and we wern't going to leave mom, dad and baby behind.
What did I do with the money saved? I went out and purchased a Swarovski ATS 80HD spotting scope. What a gem! I can see the pupil of a Jackdaws eye at 200 yards.
I'm sure there are other scopes...Zeis, Leica, Kowa etc. that would do the job but I highly recommend the ATS. Cheers all, Raffokid

Last edited by raffokid : Wednesday 1st April 2009 at 23:18. Reason: Left something out
Old Wednesday 8th April 2009, 16:54   #2
socksitis

I have the same scope and yes I am amazed at what I can see - especially the moon and even some of the planets - well worth the money
Old Thursday 9th April 2009, 01:53   #3
marie b

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffokid View Post
January 25th of this year was my 40th wedding anniversary. I'd been saving for three years to have a right old knees up in Scotland with my dear wife and a gaggle of family and friends. It all went pair shaped when my 4th grandchild was born about a month before the occasion. Not well enough to travel and we wern't going to leave mom, dad and baby behind.
What did I do with the money saved? I went out and purchased a Swarovski ATS 80HD spotting scope. What a gem! I can see the pupil of a Jackdaws eye at 200 yards.
I'm sure there are other scopes...Zeis, Leica, Kowa etc. that would do the job but I highly recommend the ATS. Cheers all, Raffokid
Congratulations to you and your wife both. Jan. 25th happened to be my/our 45th I trust your dear wife is enjoying the anniversary present as well!

Best wishes for many more -- be sure and have the family bash next year, now!

Regards,
Marie

BF Supporter 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: