Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Securing scope to tripod head

Old Friday 10th September 2004, 12:20   #1
amh2029

Securing scope to tripod head

Hi all,
I find that when I'm carrying my scope (78mm lens, so it's quite big and heavy) the screw connecting the scope to the tripod head works loose. Any suggestions on how to tightly secure one t'other?
Andrew
Old Friday 10th September 2004, 13:38   #2
leetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh2029
Hi all,
I find that when I'm carrying my scope (78mm lens, so it's quite big and heavy) the screw connecting the scope to the tripod head works loose. Any suggestions on how to tightly secure one t'other?
Andrew
I use Loctite Threadlocker. Use the Blue it is easier to get undone with just tools.
Old Friday 10th September 2004, 13:50   #3
snowyowl

Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada and Central Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by amh2029
Hi all,
Andrew
I had that worry with my old tripod although my new one seems less inclined to come unscrewed. I always try to make sure that the strap of the scope case is looped around the head of the tripod enough that if the worse happened aand the scope and tripod parted company, the scope wouldn't hit the ground.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: