Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Daypack for scope, tripod/head?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Saturday 24th June 2006, 02:31   #1
jrhudgins

Daypack for scope, tripod/head?

Hello,

I am wondering if any of you have a recommendation for a daypack for carrying a scope(I use a Swaro ATS80) and tripod with head, as well as a water bottle, book, etc. The Swarovski Extremadura pack is the idea I am looking for, just not at that price, and maybe something padded a little more.

Thanks,

JR
Old Saturday 24th June 2006, 18:48   #2
stuart C smith
swansong

daypack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhudgins
Hello,

I am wondering if any of you have a recommendation for a daypack for carrying a scope(I use a Swaro ATS80) and tripod with head, as well as a water bottle, book, etc. The Swarovski Extremadura pack is the idea I am looking for, just not at that price, and maybe something padded a little more.

Thanks,

JR
swarovski extremadura on a well known auction site today. regards stuart
Old Saturday 24th June 2006, 20:00   #3
karmantra

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks,

JR
The Extremadura is in the range of $265-$295 (expensive!) Do you want a padded pack that can carry your tripod inside or outside of the pack? I managed to find a long (30") narrow internal frame backpack for backpacking for $10 at a garage sale, got a 2'x6' piece of MSR ridgerest foam pad (ensolite), cut & sized it to fit it in the backpack, and I put both my scope & tripod inside with padding between the two. Cost: $15. The pack doesn't have the 'Swarovski' look, but it also doesn't scream out that I have expensive optical equipment inside. I feel it's more comfortable & balanced to carry scope & tripod inside, although it takes a little longer for set-up if you're hurried to get on a bird. The other advantage is that you can obtain pockets or straps to add on extra gear if needed, although most backpacking packs have a top pocket big enough for extras.
Old Sunday 25th June 2006, 21:05   #4
stuart C smith
swansong

day pack for scope

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks,

JR
american scope pack on well known internet auction site today under telescopes in photography. regards stuart.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: