• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

south stack (1 Viewer)

kelvin.dunford

Hi,guys,myself and good wife will be visiting Anglesey for the first time in july,will this be to late for filming Puffin at South Stack? Also good spot for Chough, plus any good locations you local lads could advise to visit if weather should be rough on coast.Ie;Woods or Valleys.Regards, Kelvin.D.

Hi kelvin i think you be ok with the puffins at south stack ,was there over the weekend and saw a few july might be a bit late not sure when the chicks fledge ,there is also plenty of razerbills and guillemots ,kittywakes and fulmars to see not forgeting the choughs If its too windy there are other sites on the island , try holyhead harbour for black guillemots , also you could try driving along the minor roads around there and parking up where safe look and listen ,there are lots of whitethroats, wheatears,stonechats ,and choughs Away from holy island there is valley wet lands <near raf valley> cemlyn bay for terns and other stuff ,inland there is llyn alaw the largest freshwater on anglesy the only forest i have been to is newborough where you could see crossbills, siskins, ravens, Another place to try is pennmon which is on the other side of the island from south stack and puffins are seen in the tide race there With anglesy been a sort of square on its side there is always somewere out of the wind try the sheltered bays ,early morning is best as there can be a lot of boats about later on have a good holiday ps try looking at opus on here it might give you other clues B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back