• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baltimore (1 Viewer)

birderbf

Wild, Wild West ................... ern Spindalis
Hello,

Why not begin start a thread in the MD section? Is there any good place around Baltimore city for birds in July? I often visit friends around the 4th of July there, but I haven't found any very special spots near the city. I have also visited around New Years. I once went to Blackwater, but that's a little too far for an annual trip.

Also, when was the last time the Kelp Gull was seen, and where?

Hello birderbf,
I never really noticed this section of BirdForum before.
I live in Columbia, MD, but I went birding with a friend of mine around the Bay area of Baltimore once last summer. I'll admit that at first I didn't expect to see much, but I was very surprised to see a Snowy Egret there. That wasn't a lifer for me, but the first one, and so far the only one I've seen in Maryland. I used to live up in New York and saw a Snowy Egret once there, and have seen plenty of them at Bombay Hook in Delaware.
There were plenty of Ospreys in Baltimore too, but that is a very common bird near the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland and Virginia, right? I saw that bird once in New York, but was very surprised to find out how many of Ospreys that there are in MD.
Have you ever heard of MOSprey? I have read several emails that Maryland birders have sent to them telling about the many birds that they've seen at the 'Mall' area of Washington D.C. I assume you know what that is. Do you go there a lot, and have you seen any 'good' birds there?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back