• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Advice for a visitor. (1 Viewer)

Scribbly Jack

Hi all,

I'm visiting Liverpool at the weekend (fri 28th - sun 30 may 2010) and was hoping to sneak away from the In-Laws on Saturday to do a bit of Birding. I really fancy Anglesey as Chough would be a top year tick.
I'd really appreciate any advice on where's best to see different species etc and if there is or has been any less common birds round lately.

Thanks in advance

Mick

South stacks will get a Chough for you, seen them there in the past. Lot's of seabirds nesting too so you should pick up quite a few species.

If you've only got a couple of hours, you couldn't do better than South Stack
Chris

Definitely - the Choughs are usually very confiding, and I've seen Whinchats and Stonechats along the path leading to the seabird observation point. I watched a dogfight between Ravens and a Peregrine from the same place.

visited south stack on 5th june this year

the full list for the day was

rock pipit
meadow pipit
skylark
linnet
stonechat
fulmar
puffin
guillemot
razorbill
greal black backed gull
lesser black backed gull
herring gull
swallow
raven
jackdaw
chough
dunnock
peregrine falcon

plus a common tern as we were crossing the bridge over the menai straights.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back