• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Videos, photos, and audio recordings from Peru (1 Viewer)

fishcrow

During a recent trip to Manu Park in Peru, I obtained video, photos, and audio recordings that may be accessed here. My primary objective was to use a DJI Phantom 4 Professional drone, which has a 4K video camera, to obtain video footage from above the cloud forest and jungle habitats. Another objective was to leave a Sony PCM-D100 audio recorder on a tripod to obtain hours of audio recordings. I spent a lot of time at Amazonia Lodge, where I climbed up to a ridge to launch the drone over a wide expanse of pristine habitat on the other side of the mountain. There is an amazing chorus of birds in the first ten minutes of the first audio recording. The second audio recording contains several knocks by the Crimson-crested Woodpecker. I had previously seen several of the Campephilus woodpeckers and published this paper about their knocks, but it was the first time that I managed to hear them in the field.

Mike Collins
Alexandria, Virginia

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back