• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Offshore 17 (1 Viewer)

david r

Ahoy all
Here are my latest obs from the FPSO UISGE GORM and a pix of my patch
Regards Dave

Attachments

• Copy of 15-9-05.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 212
  • UisgeGorm-RoughWeather.jpg
    UisgeGorm-RoughWeather.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 194
Updates

Hi David, has it really been that quiet out there or have you moved on to warmer climes? Any chance of some updates. Tim

Hi Dave,its nice to hear from another north sea birder,I'm on the Borgland Dolphin,moored alongside the Nelson.I'm on nights at the moment and most of the birds seem to have moved on or roosting by the time I'm up and about.I have seen some large flocks of Fieldfare and a Great Tit(first offshore),and the lads on dayshift have seen a few Spars and Kestrels chasing the starlings around the structure.The weather has been crap here,roll on monday,first check in 6.45,should be on the beach by 9.00

Not many people suss out that a few Great, Coal and Blue Tits cross the North Sea but I get them at Rattray Head (NE Scotland) most years in the Autumn and have actually seen them come in off the sea. Lets face it, if Goldcrests can do it anything can!

I think you need a resident vet on your patch for some of the birds you are getting, or how about taking a correspondence course in it.

I do look forward to these updates, keep them coming - but get the camera out for them.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back