• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to stay cold in the tropics while birding-can any one help (1 Viewer)

Dr Manjeet Singh

Dr.Manjeet Singh
I have been reading threads about how to keep warm while birding but sob :'D can you'll help me to keep cold while birding-any one -I wanted to go birding in my BIRTHDAY SUIT- my wife wanted to leave me.Went birding in minimal cloths and THE POLICE ARRESTED me :'D ,wanted to go birding without my HAIR AND TURBAN-THE RELIGEOUS PRIEST stood out side my house WITH A NAKED SWORD .Sooob-can any one help me to stayCOOL WHILE BIRDING :'D :'D :'D :-O

Dr Manjeet Singh said:
I have been reading threads about how to keep warm while birding but sob :'D can you'll help me to keep cold while birding-any one -I wanted to go birding in my BIRTHDAY SUIT- my wife wanted to leave me.Went birding in minimal cloths and THE POLICE ARRESTED me :'D ,wanted to go birding without my HAIR AND TURBAN-THE RELIGEOUS PRIEST stood out side my house WITH A NAKED SWORD .Sooob-can any one help me to stayCOOL WHILE BIRDING :'D :'D :'D :-O

get your wife, the police man and the priest to fan you as go along birding.

other than that get naked!!!!!

Drive south. When you find yourself winding the window down and switching the airconditioner off, stop. Works for me.

Of course, you may need your water wings as well as your birthday suit. :)

Tannin said:
Drive south. When you find yourself winding the window down and switching the airconditioner off, stop. Works for me.

Of course, you may need your water wings as well as your birthday suit. :)
Tannin here inMalaysia you drive south you lend in the sea and if drive norh ,east or west you pass THICK jungles and then also land in the sea. ;)

Sorry, Dr. S, can't help you with any practical (or impractical) suggestions, but your predicament gave me a good chuckle this morning! :t:

Wait a sec, how about one of those baseball caps with the tiny little fan built under the brim? That would at least keep your nose and cheeks cool. ;) 3:)

Dr Manjeet Singh said:

Having spent about 5 months in your wonderful, but very hot country, I've got to say there is no solution outside the hill stations. I wouldn't fancy wandering around Taman Negara naked and I had enough trouble with leeches and mosquitos as it was. I've got a photograph of 8 leeches on my ankle, I wouldn't want a photo of 8 somewhere more 'personal'!

Steve

3:) 3:) 8-P Hi Manjeet, The only suggestion I can make at short notice is a portable punka wallah. But thinking about this it could scare the birds. My wife made a suggestion why dont you put an ice pack under your turban. She always says to me think cool be cool: ah ah

Spend a couple of months somewhere REALLY cold (Siberia, Mongolia), and you will be happy to sweat when you get back:)))

Donald Talbott said:
3:) 3:) 8-P Hi Manjeet, The only suggestion I can make at short notice is a portable punka wallah. But thinking about this it could scare the birds. My wife made a suggestion why dont you put an ice pack under your turban. She always says to me think cool be cool: ah ah
Donald i did that -put ice under my turban ,the turban became soggy due to ice melt and droped down to my neck and then all most strangled my self when one loop got hung on a tree branch. 3:) B :)

The normal one for us when we go abroad is to wear white (not the best thing when out birding though) and cotton. This might leave you walking around in your vest and pants though |:$| .

How about walking around in your birthday suit with your friend the "drunken monkey"

Marmot said:
The normal one for us when we go abroad is to wear white (not the best thing when out birding though) and cotton. This might leave you walking around in your vest and pants though |:$| .

How about walking around in your birthday suit with your friend the "drunken monkey"

I've found that when out in the desert during summer, (110 in the shade is an average temp at the Salton sea during summer) that interspersing your walks with short trips back to the car where you've got ice packs in your cooler and finding somewhere in the shade and putting ice packs under your arms and between your legs for 10 minutes gets your body temp down to make it more comfortable to keep going in the hottest part of the day. Plus lots of water, its amazing how much you can drink and still be dehydrated, drink until you pee is the general rule, when you haven't peed for a while you know you need to drink even if you aren't thirsty as your thirst won't keep up with the amount of water you lose.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back