• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

American Kestrel (1 Viewer)

mymantra

My new favorite local raptor - but I still haven't gotten that "killer shot" - yet.

Attachments

• kestrel.jpg
    kestrel.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 353
Thanks Ian -
I was focusing on this one on a phone line getting ready for another mediocre shot when it flew. Toward me ! and landed in this small tree. I was so excited I could barely focus. Thanks so much for the kind words.

That really is a great shot! I just saw my first two kestrels yesterday at a local park, and they really are an amazing sight.

Thanks Y'all

And Dan, I only found this one (or possibly two) a couple of weeks ago. Now it seems to be around almost everytime I visit this local farm. They are really fun to watch. I love the way they hover ! Thanks again for the compliments everyone.
Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back