• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fujifilm HS50 EXR has arrived ! (1 Viewer)

Hello Micloi
The three shots you posted above look great. I have been wrangling over some of the settings and I'd be very interested to hear how you are set up.

I've seen an informative post on Digital Photo Review that suggests:
Colour +2 -> 0
Tone -2 -> 0
Sharpness +2 -> 0
NR -2 (low)
Dynamic Range - 200% (or 100%?) - DRAuto
EV -0.33
ISO Auto 400
Photometry - Spot (or average?) -> Spot
Image stabilisation - Continuous Motion
Film simulation Velvia

Shoot in 8fps for JPEG or 6fps RAW
Shoot in LSize

If you or anyone else has any thoughts on these I'd be grateful.
Cheers

The setting you have found is harsh for wildlife especially for fine feather details so I applied my go to settings for birding.

I have had my HS50exr since June of this year. I also have a Nikon D5000. I have used the HS50 to take a number of bird photos, with excellent results.
Martin

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back