• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Owl Webcams 2010 (1 Viewer)

I'm hoping it's because the heat doesn't require them to eat as much - - if it were really cold, they'd probably be chowing-down mice aplenty to keep up enough fuel to keep inner temp up. I don't know . . . it must be just as physically draining to try to stay cool, though, too you'd think!

Do you really think they only got one mouse last night? That doesn't seem enough, does it? I wonder if there *is* a shortage of prey around there![/QUOTE

I honestly don't know. I only check in sporadically and try to make sense of things by what the chat says. Last spring there was an abundance of prey for 4 owlets. I am not sure what is going on now.

the chicks are looking hot again. Its tough watching so i.ve turned it off for now. Those poor little babies. I know they can go without food for 2 days but they need fluids more than food and as they only get their fluids from their prey it needs to come in tonight. Both mum and dad need to bring in at least 2 each i think. Surely there can't be a rodent shortage this time of year?

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. Swamped at work.

Just looked in on the Brucies. My goodness are they gorgeous! They've fledged, haven't they? They must have by now they're so big and adult-looking.

Also checked briefly on Molly and brood. They seem to be doing well?

Well, love to you all,
"goodbirdie"

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been around for a few days. Swamped at work.

Just looked in on the Brucies. My goodness are they gorgeous! They've fledged, haven't they? They must have by now they're so big and adult-looking.

Also checked briefly on Molly and brood. They seem to be doing well?

Well, love to you all,
"goodbirdie"

First look at the Brucies for a while, and yes they're absolutely stunning!
Not been able to view the Molly cam, so missed out on all the debate as to their welfare, so haven't logged in here for a while. Hope you guys are all well and coping with the ENS!! LOL :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back