• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ring necked dove (1 Viewer)

Sapper378

We have had a pair of doves lay three times this year. Two eggs reared then one and now two again. Is this likely to be the same pair of doves. Secondly I spotted a dove, looked to be adult, on the ground in the garden a few weeks ago and it was walking as if it was tipping forward off balance, then it fell on its back struggled to right itself. When i went out to it it flew off. Any ideas? Oh! The nest is behind our satellite areial two feet under our bedroom window.

Thanks for looking everyone, current pair of chicks on nest will be going soon I guess. Adult pair, not sure if the same pair, male is displaying to female. Kid it is the same pair and they lay it make four clutches this year!!!!!

It is most likely the same pair. Some sources say they breed 3-6 times a year. Though six would be more likely in parts of the range where the climate would be suitable, unlikely on these rain-sodden islands. Though the season is from March to October and your ones are getting ready for clutch 4, who knows?

Cant help with your up-ending bird question.

Hi Twite, thanks for the info. Blowing like crazy here, I hope they don't choose now to leave the nest. The adults are still around, in fact on the bird feeder now, trying to stay attached in the strong winds!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back