• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EL and SLC sales figures (1 Viewer)

Omid

United States
I was wondering what the relative sales figures are for Swarovski SLC and EL binoculars? Does anybody know how many SLC and EL binoculars are sold in the US market annually?

I am also interested to know how the high-end binocular market (price range above $1500) is divided among Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski? Do we still have the old "big three" or should we include Nikon too?

guesstimat are welcome |;|

Are they publicly trade companies? If not I suspect this info will be difficult to come by. Even if they are publicly traded it might be a challenge to extract this info.

Do we have dealers who read this who sell all three without a bias?

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't sell them directly so you can get the relative standings there.

Last edited:
Leica and Zeiss both have "AG" in their names so they must be public. Sowarovski Optik has AG in the name of its parent company but it is apparently privately owned. I could only find a statement on Swarovski website saying that they had a sale of 80 million Euro in 2002. It didn't say how much was for binoculars...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back