Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Help Needed Urgently.

Old Friday 21st January 2011, 17:45   #1
shezza

Help Needed Urgently.

Hello All, when I hook my Canon XL2 up to my computer I get a message on the monitor, The program can't start because ODBC 32II is missing from your computer.
I cant understand this as every thing was ok up until today. What do I do to rectify the problem. My computer is brand new with windows 7.

Last edited by shezza : Friday 21st January 2011 at 17:50.
Old Saturday 22nd January 2011, 11:56   #2
Sandpiper
Mike Powell

What software are you using to transfer the footage? Has the problem developed only since using your new computer and Windows 7?

Mike
Old Saturday 22nd January 2011, 12:41   #3
Huntso

System restore may work, have you had any updates as these sometimes replace files or done anything else on your pc such as updating drivers?

So many things it could be and if all else fails try a clean reinstall of your OS
Old Saturday 22nd January 2011, 14:55   #4
shezza

Help Urgently needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
What software are you using to transfer the footage? Has the problem developed only since using your new computer and Windows 7?

Mike
The sofware must have been already on the computer.
It's an acer desk top with windows 7 and since I have had it (5 weeks and downloaded quite a few times)
from day one all I did was connect the Canon XL2 and a window came up with tick box's Rewind,Download,Save job done. But over night the same box appears on the screen,But another box on top with the Error message?

Last edited by shezza : Saturday 22nd January 2011 at 14:57.
Old Sunday 23rd January 2011, 16:13   #5
Sandpiper
Mike Powell

I searched the internet for info on the missing file and found the following. Hope this helps.

Mike

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Fix...-PC&id=4329189
Old Tuesday 25th January 2011, 13:49   #6
shezza

Help urgentley needed

Hi all, thanks for your input,Had a repair guy out and he had to take it back to factory restore.He did comment that the hard drive was a bit noisy (scratchy) Not quite sure if it should sound like this or not the PC is only a few months old?
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: