• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

American Yellow Warbler (1 Viewer)

AEH

I took this photo of the American Yellow Warbler in a mangrove in Puerto Rico a few days ago, could you help me with the subspecies that it is. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• DSC00183___________ [1600x1200].jpg
    DSC00183___________ [1600x1200].jpg
    869.7 KB · Views: 74
Thanks you very much. I know that it is usually as you say, but in the guide "Birds of the West Indies" it says about Setophaga aestiva that it can be in all manner of open wooded habitats including mangroves... that's why.

Hi AEH, your guide may be using an older classification scheme Mangrove and Yellow Warblers are classified as the same species?

Hi AEH, your guide may be using an older classification scheme Mangrove and Yellow Warblers are classified as the same species?

That seems to be a quote from the new Lynx guide to the area which has the two species as split. It is saying so for migration period though, and it may be slightly early for that?

The orange tones to the auriculars do indicate a golden warbler I am guessing, though my experience with the PR birds is very limited.

Niels

As Niels says, is the new Lynx guide with two diferent species. Thank you very much for the answers. All the best

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back