• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID help please - Louisiana (1 Viewer)

pattianne

It was moving so fast, all I got was this view! I'm stumped.

Thanks,
pattianne

Attachments

• id needed.jpg
    id needed.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 136
I'm going to say a Wilsonia warbler. Either Wilson's Warbler or Hooded Warbler. I can't make out any white in the tail so I'll go with Wilson's.

I appreciate your thoughts. The bird moved very, very quickly and was spotted in thick growth near the ground. I thought it was going to fly away, but it just left its perch and fluttered its wings in mid air and then disappeared into the bushes. I've observed and taken several photos of prothonotary warblers, so I can rule out that possibility, and I don't recall any white at all. I hope something here will help with the id. Many thanks,
pattianne

Re:ID help please-Louisiana

pattianne said:
It was moving so fast, all I got was this view! I'm stumped.

Thanks,
pattianne

Pattianne,

The warblers appears to be a Wilson's Warbler.

darrellv

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back