• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Poor Lil' Guy... ;-/ (1 Viewer)

...just got back from a bike ride...sat down and heard a 'tap' on the sliding glass door...looked over and just a few feet from the feeder i saw this hummer barely kickn...i picked him up, he put in his last few 'puffs' and that was it...his lil experience in this life-chain ended in my hand...enjoy ur time, everyone...it's precious...

http://tinypic.com/r/21orion/8

Attachments

• 11149827_10205311457178570_6729273840849872573_o.jpg
    11149827_10205311457178570_6729273840849872573_o.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 137
Aw that's a shame. I feed all kinds of birds and all the bird feeders (7 of them) hang outside my den window. I see all sorts of wondrous things and all sorts of very sad things. Today, the local Cooper's Hawk landed with a wounded leg. He could barely stand. He got a drink from the bird bath and then flew away -- weakly. It brought a tear to my eye. About every two weeks I have to go out and (try to) catch a sick/wounded bird. I have a small cage all ready and I try to nurse them back to health. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back