• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Maplin External battery question (1 Viewer)

kstennett

The external battery for cameras, sold by Maplins, looks good value and is recommended by several people here but I don't quite understand ...

The description lists what looks like two models with a list of cameras for each. But then it is not clear how to specify which model is required when ordering. (Or maybe both versions are included?)

Could someone who has bought one of these explain please?

Kath

HI Kath,

The one that I bought (for a Coolpix 4500) was the following...

L56AN Li-Ion Ext Cam Batt

Not sure if that's the camera that you have?

Rgds... Ruby

Ruby said:
HI Kath,

The one that I bought (for a Coolpix 4500) was the following...

L56AN Li-Ion Ext Cam Batt

Not sure if that's the camera that you have?

Rgds... Ruby

Hi Ruby,

No I have the Nikon 990 but it is listed on Maplins site as requiring the same version of L56AN as the 4500. Did you order online?

Kath

Thank you for going to so much trouble to find this information for me Brian. I think I will take your advice and order by phone so that I can be sure to get the right thing.

Glad to hear you got your leak sorted out and that your foray into the loft proved useful to you as well as to me!

Kath

kstennett said:
Hi Ruby,

No I have the Nikon 990 but it is listed on Maplins site as requiring the same version of L56AN as the 4500. Did you order online?

Kath

Sorry for the delay Kath....

Yes I did - It was a first-class service from Maplin....delivery took just a few days as I recall.

They also waived the delivery charges.... At the time, they offered free delivery for orders of £30 or over. The battery is £29.99, but they didn't charge me anyway...

You also get cables/adapters etc to enable the powerpack to be either charged from the mains or car cigarette lighter.

It has a little button that you can press to assess the remaining charge, so know whether you have to re-charge it.

I've used it for a full and long day's birding, and have yet to exhaust its power....

All in all, a damn fine thing!!

Good luck.... Ruby

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back