• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski customer service (1 Viewer)

graeme782

I recently bought a Swarovski stay on case for my scope. Having had it only a short while i managed to ruin the carrying strap (don't ask). I contacted Swarovski UK, explained what i'd done and asked whether i could order another. I was told that there may be some in stock and if this was the case i'd receive it in the next few days. If not, one could be ordered from Austria and i'd get it within a couple of weeks. Having supplied my name and address this then appeared to be the end of the conversation and the lady on the phone was saying her goodbye's and about to hang up. I thought it a bit odd that i'd not been given a price or asked to hand over my credit card details so i thought i'd better ask how much it was in order to initiate proceedings. No charge was the answer, not even for postage. The strap turned up the next day having been sent out first class.

Now thats what i call service. A lesson in how to promote brand loyalty.

Graeme B :)

Hi Graeme
I have just had my Swarovski ATS 65 repaired in Austria and returned within 2 weeks, again it was 'no charge'. Like you I can heartily recommend their goods and certainly their after-sales service.

Swarovski recently repaired the ATS80HD I dropped without charge. I only had to pay freight and insurance to Austria and back (which came to a tidy sum from here). So yes, full marks to Swarovski's service department. I'd buy another Swarovski scope without hesitation. In fact - I already did!

Same here, sent in Bins from Vietnam, having broken one of the eye-pieces (don't ask), received them back shortly at no cost.

Not all repairs are free of charge though. When I dropped my Swarovski scope it cost me £120 to have it repaired. I took it in to their HQ in Surrey and I found the staff there very friendly and their service excellent although it took nearly 4 weeks to get the scope back from Austria.
A couple of years ago when the zips on my Swarovski stay-on case broke Swarovski replaced the case with a new one without any quibble even though I had bought it a couple of years before.
I would certainly also recommend this Company. Roger

I too have experienced their amazing trust to the honesty of a customer (concerning a broken lens cap - you can see the story below). It really feels like a breath of fresh air.
They:
1) Respond
2) Respond rapidly
3) Respond friendly
4) Don't sound like trying to make the customer responsible
5) Fix the problem, without making a number of it

Unfortunately none of these points can be taken granted these days, much less all of them.

Hmm... I probably wouldn't be musing this much about a well-designed lens cap :bounce:

Ilkka

iporali Hmm... I probably wouldn't be musing this much about a well-designed lens cap :bounce: Ilkka[/QUOTE said:
Do you mean the very poorly designed lense cap for the new telescope. I have gone through 3 now and no longer bother with it. The push-in clips are absolutly useless and fall ot after a few weeks. Roger

devon.birder said:
Do you mean the very poorly designed lense cap for the new telescope. I have gone through 3 now and no longer bother with it. The push-in clips are absolutly useless and fall ot after a few weeks. Roger
I have the older AT80HD, but apparently the design is no better in the new model. The plastic is so hard and the cap is so tightly attached that pressing the clips easily causes fractures. I have to say that after replacing the cap a year ago there have been no signs of fractures... yet.

Ilkka

Yes, for a quality company with superb products, the lens caps for the 80mm scopes are, frankly, terrible. I'd expect better on a $50 toy scope.

(If you want a lens cap, let me know. I have two of them and they are so useless I never use them.)

But in all other respects Swarovski get 10 out of 10 from me. Wonderful products, great service.

I had a problem with my binoculars, phoned them & dropped in to their UK HQ. They lent me a replacement pair whilst mine were shipped to Austria for repair.
When I went to pick up my bins a couple of weeks later I mentioned the dodgy lens caps for the AT80 scope and was given 4 or 5 free spares and a small bag which contained a Swaro branded Swiss pocket knife & a couple of Swaro cleaning cloths.
I was rather chuffed with the service to say the least, not often you get service like that!
Dylan.

I agree about the lousy desigh of the Swarovski ATS objective caps. However, to be fair, most other brands do just as poorly. The Zeiss Diascope cap, for instance, is just awfull, and since it is so small, I always fear scratching the lens with it when I attempt to jiggle it in place or take it out. The only acceptable lens cap that comes to mind readily adorned the older Nikon Fieldscope series, the II and the ED 78. These were made of semi-hard plastic, pushed on snugly, were virtually indestructible and wouldn't scratch anything. Unfortunately, in the newer Nikons where the lens shade pulls out, the cap no longer stays on properly. I guess that the problem is that a good, durable and simple-to-use cap just looks too cheap for the design department, so they insist on these more "techy" bayonet on threaded designs.

Pity.

Kimmo

Surely the cap is not needed if the stay on case has a piece of hard plastic sewn in to the cover? Once the cover is on, the objective is protected. That certainly is true of the Leica Televid 77 case.

Leif

I lost my cap on the first day of use thought i was careless now im not so sure.
From everyones responses it seems they are good at customer support so that puts my mind at ease a bit.

Brian.

Sorry to bring this thread back to life after months.

Can anyone tell me the phone number for Swarovski UK please? Can't seem to find it on their website!

Thanks in advace.

richyrara said:
Sorry to bring this thread back to life after months.

Can anyone tell me the phone number for Swarovski UK please? Can't seem to find it on their website!

Thanks in advace.
I have looked through some Swarro brochures and cannot find a UK phone no,so why not send them an e-mail asking if there is such a number,or how you can make contact from the UK.Alternatively,why not phone your Optics dealer,and ask them,I am sure they should be able to help.Just a couple of ideas.

Here you go:

Swarovski
Unit 10
Perrywood Business Park
Honeycrock Lane
Salfords
Surrey
RH1 5JQ
Tel: 01737 856812
Fax: 01737 856885

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back