• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2016 (7 Viewers)

You two must be seeing my south flying birds of a few days ago!
Weather really bad here all day. I found a LRP two miles away - but can't scope it from here!!

28. Blackcap .
He was on the apple tree at 7.30 this morning the female must be around too ,pleased they are back
after the winter.

Last edited:
First new addition in nearly a fortnight! Was out in the garden trying to add Red-Rumped Swallow (seen plenty locally just not from the house). No joy but did get several Swift for no. 25.

Chris

62. House Finch - flyover
63. Belted Kingfisher - flyover
64. Yellow-rumped Warbler - flyover

Migration should start picking up soon...

Boyfriend wins birding brownie points again - just spotted No. 32 Great Blue Heron, flying into the sunset.
After plummeting temperatures earlier this week, we are forecast 20C on Sunday, so hopefully some more spring arrivals to report soon.

First and earliest by perhaps a week...Hobby at 6.45pm....can't ''neck and neck'' me that easily. no. 58 ;)

Ooh! They're on their way! Can't wait for my favourite bird to get here. Maybe two weeks yet here I'd think.
Snow this morning.

Ooh! They're on their way! Can't wait for my favourite bird to get here. Maybe two weeks yet here I'd think.
Snow this morning.

Looks like I'll have to "camp out" on the window sill "again" to try and catch you this year H. :-C

I'm sure you will.
Snowing again now.
Nice fall of, almost exclusively 2cy male Wheatear at the top today - one full ad Greenland type (?) & a pair of Stonechats with them.
With a bit of luck one might get pushed down the valley!

Very strong winds and heavy rain all night didn't augur well for adding to the yearlist, so a surprising sighting this morning, even odder as it was a) heading south and b) was on its own:

64 Yellow-legged Gull

Less than annual from up here, this one is my first-ever spring sighting, it's a local patchman's consolation for missing out on the various goodies being seen around Lac Léman (Lake Geneva if you prefer) and along the Rhône a few kilometres to the south.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back