Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Discover the ZEISS Digital Nature Hub

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Ireland in late September

Old Wednesday 23rd May 2007, 00:22   #1
Cubkin
Cubkin

Ireland in late September

My husband and I will be spending a couple weeks in Ireland (as much of it as possible) in late September/early October, 2007. We'd appreciate any suggestions about what to see and where at that time of year. Thanks!
Old Wednesday 23rd May 2007, 10:22   #2
tracker
Tom

Hi Cubkin,

Both Northern and Southern (Republic of) Ireland have some excellent and very beautiful places to visit, whether your birding or not. Im presuming your request is for places to see birds. Ive just been to Northern Ireland for 2 weeks and got the chance to visit the WWT's centre in Castle Espie, Strangford Lough. A beautiful place to see birds and relax in general. Try this link for more info on other places in Northern Ireland: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=80040

Im not too sure what Southern Ireland has to offer in the way of birding sites; Birdforum user Clive Timmons is from that part; Im sure he wouldnt mind filling you in with some good suggestions! :) Also this forum youve posted in has some superb recommendations: http://www.birdforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=400

Hope you get sorted,

Last edited by tracker : Wednesday 23rd May 2007 at 10:24. Reason: Found and added new link

BF Supporter 2004 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 29th May 2007, 20:47   #3
RKell1
Landrover, it does exactly what it says on the tin

Hi Cubkin
There'll be plenty to see in Sep/Oct with the winter migrants making their way back. What part of Ireland are you visiting?

Ray

~Chief Seattle, Duwamish Suquamish~

http://www.dublinbirding.ie/
Old Friday 8th June 2007, 08:46   #4
Phil Davis

Hi Cubkin,

I am living in Ballycotton in Co Cork itself a world renowned birding area.If you let me know what parts of Ireland you are visiting I will tell you where the best birding sites are.Also if there are particular birds you want to see let me know. My email is [email protected].

All the best,

Phil.
Old Monday 23rd July 2007, 22:52   #5
buzzard12

Great time to visit. Try seabirds at one of the coastal points in the SW or W coast. Then theres waders, great chance of a rarity from the states as well is passerines too....
Old Tuesday 24th July 2007, 14:27   #6
Mabel
Dance the ghost with me

As the others have said, it depends really where you're staying regarding species. You won't be disappointed though, you are heading into a good time, birding-wise. If you are in Dublin or east coast, you can PM me if you like. Phil's Cork would probably be the best though for variety!

BF Supporter 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: