• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collins Field Guide (1 Viewer)

Hi, I´m going to buy BIRD NESTS, EGGS AND NESTLINGS OF BRITAIN AND EUROPE from Collins Field Guide edition but I can´t find any reviews on it.
So I would like to know what do you think about this book.
Thanks
Pavel

Dobrý večer, Pavel.

I've not heard of it, but I did find a review on Amazon, although that's hardly authoritative...

Amazon said:
3 of 4 people found the following review helpful:

Not quite what it could have been., 9 Oct 2002

Reviewer: A reader

This guide covers a huge number of species and as a result I feel that it has lost some of its value to british based ornithologists. The plates do not cover all species and so do not allow full comparisons of nestlings and eggs. The information regarding the nest site is sometimes basic, just as much or even more is already available in "the Birds of the Western Palearctic". It's useful to have a lot of information collected in one place, but surely it would have been better to have more detailed information on a narrower range of species. The plates are of an excellent standard however.

Hope that's of some help to you.
Na shledanou,

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back