• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sports / Concert Binocular recommends needed (1 Viewer)

I use a 8 or 10x25 terra....and bought the wife one of the crystal encrusted 8x20 Swarovski bins for concerts, plays, and the symphony....

Last edited:
Hey Ya'all!

A quick update. First of all, thank you all so much for your recommendations and advice on all of this, I really appreciate it.

As much as I did not want to spend so much, I ended up going with the Nikon Monarch 7 8x30s. And I got them in the mail yesterday.

I decided on these, as I whipped out my other ones which are 8x25s and did a test off my back balcony. I estimated the stage distance and focused in on someones AC unit. I felt it was enough. I did it at dusk also. I felt it was ok. And I remember during the Madonna concert there was enough light on stage to be ok. I think for GNR there will be less light, but it should still be ok.

I went with these because they are 30, a little bigger, more light and a slightly larger exit pupil than the other ones. I also like the fact that they are reasonably small and lightweight and also water proof which is a big plus. The eye glass thing was also needed.

The only downside I see after purchase and I am soooooooooooooo glad I listened and did not get the 10x ones due to shaking! I could only imagine what a royal pain in the arse that would have been. I feel these are already more difficult to use than the 8x25s, I feel a bit more eye strain and I am not sure why, as well as more shake probably because of the slight increase in weight. Paid $321 for them shipped from Japan to me here in Taiwan. I have them now for the concert next weekend.

Will be good to have two pairs now, I will use the new ones and give my wife the smaller ones to use. Will make things easier not to have to constantly adjust and refocus one pair every time we switch to use them.

Cheers all!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back