• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Conquest 8x32 "Longer Eyecup" experience (1 Viewer)

marcsantacurz

I've had a pair of Conquest 8x32 HD for about 3 months. I really like their close focus, focus speed, and optics, but the eye relief has always been a problem for me. I do not wear glasses, and I need a longer eye relief to avoid blackouts and not hover or eye-brow them.

I just got the Zeiss "Longer Eyecup for Conquest 42mm Bino" from optics4birding. They fit the x32 just fine and extend the eye relief from 12.5mm to 17.5mm. I use them at 14.75mm (2nd detent).

At $20/each ($40 for the pair), not entirely cheap -- it adds 5% to the price -- but I think it is worth it for me.

This makes the Zeiss comparable in feel to the Kowa Genesis 8x33, which I also like a lot. I was going to sell the zeiss and keep the kowa due to the eye cups, now I need to go back and re-compare them. I've been using the kowa as my main go-to binos for a while now.

Marc

The Kowa has better control of chromatic aberration but the Conquest isn't bad at this and has the faster focus which I find very useful in species-rich habitats where there is a constant need to refocus between near and far.
It would be a hard choice between these two.

I needed the longer eyecups too and they work fine for me.

Lee

I did the same. Made the binoculars 100% more usable for me. They have become my all around favorites of what I own.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back