• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Juvenile Bald Eagle (1 Viewer)

virgo10

This morning while I was out doing yard work I spotted a juvenile Bald Eagle. It was very low, probably not 100 feet up. What a magnificent sight.

Wow, we just had quite a happening with that Eagle. About an hour ago I was on my way down to the lake to get some sunset photos. As I was backing the car up, something HUGE caught my eye. It was the eagle and this time it landed on a telephone pole 3 houses up the street from me. It was carrying a good size fish and another bird (possibly another eagle) was dive bombing it. It let the fish go and took off but kept circling hoping my neighbors and I would leave the area.

It finally gave up and left but, man oh man, that was an amazing sight!

They are amazing to watch. We get wintering birds here and I love to watch them hunt collectively and fish, and then the dynamics of it all. We seem to be getting more over wintering eagles here every year.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back